- He: Aloo , Me: Batata, We: Aloo (I know Gurls ko hi Adjust karna padta hain)
- He: Pyass, Me: Kanda, We: Kanda.. !!! yay!!
- He: Dhaniya, Me: Kothimbir, We: Kothimbir.. yay again!!
- He: Palak, Me: Palak, We: Palak !!! ha ha :D
- He: Arbi, Me:???, We: Googleeeee…!!
Ohh… It is Alu Kanda … I've no idea why we call it Alu Kanda cos it looks more like Batata… /:)
While searching I found this wonderful link, where I can fill up the GAP! :D
My mom prepares a very different Alu Kanda Masala Fry.. just remembered it when I read Divya's Arbi Fry.
It is prepared within 15 minutes so a very good side dish for take away in lunch box!
Arbi/Alu Kanda : about ¼ kg
Sesame Seeds (Til): 2tbsp
Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds: 1tbsp
Cummin Seeds: 2tbsp
Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder: ½ tsp
Asafetida : pinch
Salt to taste
- Roast Cumin , Sesame and fenugreek Seeds on hot tava for couple of minutes. Then Grind it to make fine powder
- Peel the Alu Kanda and slice it as you want. (It's very sticky and slips from your hand while cutting)
- Heat Oil in kadhai, put pinch of Asafetida, then sliced Alu Kanda. Sauté it for few minutes then cover for 5 mins.
- Once half cooked , mix the grinded masala, salt, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Let it cook for more 5 mins, when done put the lemon and garnish with coriander if required.
Tastes very good with hot phulkas / chapatis!