For me Ragda Pattice associates as My BROs favorite snack; so had to try this when he was around for his exaggerative comments “Tai makes this perfect”. People love Pani Puri or other crispier chaats but this Dude loves Aloo with Lentil gravy. He drools on these delectable snacks and I can challenge anyone on his behalf to win against him for number for pattice :P
Normally this is the most common street food eat out I have with my BRO but wanted to make a Fiesta for him, obviously to get many more flattering comments :P
- White vatane (Peas): 1 cup – soaked overnight
- Asafetida: one pinch
- Onion: 1 qty – finely chopped- minced
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic-Green chili paste: 1 tbsp
- Red Chili powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1tsp
- Tamarind – Jaggery paste:1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seeds: Tempering
- Oil: Tempering
- Pressure Cook the soaked vatane with two- three whistles along with pinch of salt and Asafetida.
- Heat Oil in Kadai, Temper with cumin seeds , after spluttering is done add the onion.
- Caramelize the onion, then add all the stuffs in BLUE.
- As the oil separates from the mix add the boiled peas- mash it a bit before adding, along with tamarind-jaggery paste along with salt to taste.
- Simmer for 5-8 mins. Once cooked garnish with some coriander leaves.
Potato Patties – Aloo Tikki:
- Potato: 2 large Boiled, Peeled and Grated
- Bread Slices: 2 – soaked in water for couple of mins and squeezed out all water
- Green chilies: 2-3 finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee: to Shallow fry
- Mix all ingredients except ghee, knead a thick dough.
- Make small patties , size and shape the way you like it.
- Shallow fry them in ghee.
How to Serve :
Take couple of Patties on the serving dish, top it with some Ragda . Garnish with tangy and spicy chutney along with some Shev and Finely chopped Onion. I used Tangy chutney – Tamarind + Jaggery + Dates and for Spicy chutney – Mint + coriander + Green chilies. We had it as a dinner so thanks to flash along with the snaps :(