Aloo Raita

Mahasrashtrain thali always calls for a salad – koshimbir. But the lazy that I am,  this side dish has taken a back seat. I tend to prepare these only when I’ve family or friends visiting us. And whenever I prepare salads, I plan to prepare them regularly but sadly I always forget. I assembled this simple yet tasty raita on one such occasion, we loved it and yeah I’ve prepared this number of times from then.

IMG_4700

I just had a leftover boiled potato in my refrigerator, and experimented this salad, it came out quite well.

You Need :

  • Potato: 1 – boiled, peeled and cubed
  • Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
  • Chaat Masala : 1tsp
  • Yogurt: 1/2 cup
  • Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
  • Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
  • Sugar to taste
  • Salt to taste
  • Coriander leaves - garnishing

You Do:

  1. Mix everything in Red with some salt and keep aside.
  2. Beat the curd to make a thin paste, mix everything in Blue.
  3. Mix both step 2 and 1, together.
  4. Garnish with coriander leaves.

IMG_4698

Serve as a side dish with Rice or Pulao. Would go well with rotis too.

Comments

  1. looks perfect ! love the texture of the salad

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks absolutely wonderful...I can't take my eyes off these yummy raita...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds delicious, mouth watering pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds interesting and new to me....
    looks delicious dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried aloo raitha so far but always wanted to,ur pics make me drool,soon have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hv had this at delhi sometime back...lovely one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love potatoes in raita, delicious and yummy raita..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so gud...I have ate this only couple of time..now time to make mine I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had this raita before, but I'm seriously tempted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a unique raita.. but absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)