Mixed Dal Dosa
Do you know, what is the current topic of discussion over Food in India? Its not about any recipe, dish, cuisine but about its Prices. They have reached sky high, how high ??
Today’s Indians can get Luxury, Comfort and Necessity at the same price –> Check your expense sheet, it will display :
|Comfort||Petrol: 1 ltr||Rs.60+|
Isn’t this Ironic ??
Was reading this article while having my south Indian breakfast. I’m seriously thinking about overcoming the inflation, its quite simple infact, avoid anything that is too high e.g. Garlic or Onion. Go for pulses, dals (touch wood, they are not affected by the inflation till now) . So this dosa can be a start point to this resolution, mix all dals and prepare a hearty wholesome breakfast.
- All types of Dals you want – Soak it overnight , I used – Toor Dal, Moong (husked and nonhusked) Dal , Chana Dal and Urad Dal (I used black one) : 1 measure each
- Rice : 1 measure – soak it overnight (or you can use 1 measure rice flour the next day into the batter)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to spread
- Green chilli +1/2 inch ginger +fistful coriander leaves – Optional
- Grind the soaked ingredients in a grinder-mixer to make fine batter. Drain out all the water and then grind.
- Add salt and the optional chillies,ginger and coriander leaves and grind these along with the batter. If you do not have soaked rice use rice flour here.
- Let the batter sit for say half an hour. Then take a ladleful of batter and spread on a hot pan into dosa.