Eggless Choco Pressure Cooker Cake

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above ur nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

I do get hushy-mushy sometimes.. and when its your Second anniversary, why not ;) More than getting romantic, I get very Filmi sometimes most of the times , The Foodie says I’m the Drama-Queen staying in Filmi-Land, Why I can’t I, When I’ve you around.. Happy Anniversary Honey ! :-*

IMG_4724

So I wanted to post something easy yet sexy, and nothing can beat Chocolate Cake. I had bought this Pillsbury Cooker Cake pack when I saw it the first time in a Cake Aisle. Very simple, very easy and mainly no oven required here. Most Indian kitchens do not have this popular appliance, but do you need it  if you have Pressure Cooker B-)

IMG_4723

Few of my colleagues were discussing preparing cakes in pressure cooker, it worked great for them. I’ve bookmarked their recipes too, but this one is the easiest.

You Need:

This :DIMG_4680

You DO:

Follow the instructions behind the pack  OR -

  1. Mix the MIX with 2/3cup of Milk and 2 tbsp of Butter.
  2. Stir – Beat rigorously to make smooth lump less Cake batter – Advice – Take help from your stronger half :P , yeah The Foodie helped me on this, and it did give me placid batter.
  3. Place the batter on flat vessel , polished with some flour.blog4
  4. If you know how to prepare Idlis in Cooker, then prepare the Cake on similar lines, else follow this -
  5. Pour some water in cooker, about 1 inch, then place the cake vessel on a 1/2 inch stand.IMG_4713
  6. Cover the cooker and let it pressurise for 1/2 and hour, without the regulator-weight.
  7. After half an hour, check if the cake is done by sliding a knife inside and checking if the cake is not wet from inside.IMG_4720
  8. Continue heating with open lid for about 5-10 minutes.

blog5

Done! Its simplest Cake to prepare. Obviously it doesn’t rise as expected in an Oven, but no worries oven-less kitchen can also have this sinful chocolate cake.

Comments

  1. Wow looks soooo soft and moist ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and delicious cake.. looks simply awesome !!

    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect cake for those who want to try cake yet they dont have any oven,looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gr8 ...cake looks yum and in pressure cooker is wonderful ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this quick cake recipe and Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake looks simply fabulous..love pressure cooker version of cake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary kanchan,cake looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy anniversary Kachan.
    That cake looks so irresitable and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, never knew pressure cook makes such good cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eggless choco cake looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HappY Anniversary !!
    and really Yummy cake !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey but can u pls tell me how to make the same cake....eggless pillsbury spong cake in a microwave????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time we put the cake in cooker, just replace and put the same in microwave. Keep it for 5-10 mins for 100%, it will be done. Check after 5 mins first then increase the time.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. 1 cup = 250 ml so, 3/2 cups comes to approx 370 ml .. hope this helps

      Delete
  14. CaN I Bake this cake instead of steaming??

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just followed the instructions on the pack....... it came out really well.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had bought this Pillsbury Cooker Cake pack when I saw it the first ... microwavepressurecooker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome, I tried the vanilla kind.. I put it on my blog http://foodblogvidhya.blogspot.in/
    But the vanilla one turned out like a very thick idli...
    It was good though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)