Mumbaiiya Vada Paav

They call it a crowd i call it a party, They call em brats i call them brothers. They call them drunk i call them happy. They call it bad i call it bliss. They call it traffic i call it a festival. They call it dirty i call it dressed. They call it a sinner i call it a saint. They call it MUMBAI i call it home.. ♥

This had been one of my favourite FB status which was floating around, I had planned to put it across on my page too; but then what recipe would represent this Mumbaiyya flavour ??

Too many dishes give the spirit of Ma city, like Pav bhaji , Street Chaat, Burji Paav, Pani Puri,  etc. But the first one that comes up is always – Vada Paav ! You can have this anywhere – anytime – anyhow , on the streets – @ the beach – the railway station – the playground – school canteen-theatre, you name it you will get them. 

Frankly, if you are from Mumbai you would never prepare this @ home, but if you really want to, this dish is as simple as it seems.

You Need the Batata Vadas, that you have already prepared, Small Paav (Type of bread specially found in this part of country) and some Green Chutney.

IMG_0244

  1. Slice the Paav IMG_0245
  2. Apply the Chutney IMG_0246
  3. Sandwich the Batata Vada within the PaavIMG_0247

And have it garama garam Chai !

Comments

  1. Dear kanchan
    How are you? Just came here from your FB and after reading your contribution at G's new craft venture. I missed so many of your great recipes during my " Banabas" or " desert-bas". in Sahara".
    I like this recipe , but if I have time I will try your batata Vada 1st.(Your tahlipith was a great hit among chinese and Algerians in the desert...)
    Hope you and foodie are doing fine. Hope to come to Pune some day and meet you all.
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clicked in here form Koiree and loving your blog Kanchan.
    I love batata wada but rarely eat them in pav...got to make it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that sounds SO delicious! Yum yum! I bet its perfect with garam masala chai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My God,what a temptation that is Kanchan..Superbly made.
    Nice blog of yours.Am adding you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vada pavs look super tempting, thanks for your comments at my space, you have a lovely one here,your cousin G has a nice collection..Following U..

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my fave snack..looks yum..loved ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here and you surely have a lovely space. Love this vada pav and also loved the beautiful jewels by your cousin G.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time in ur space n I loved it absolutely.....love the vada pav u made....perfectly done n lovely presentation....following ur space...do visit mine in ur free time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kanchan :) thanks for dropping by my space. Gave me a opportunity to come to your space & follow u now :).Glad u liked the capsicum masala rice! I love vada-pav..its as good as family love :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mumbai Vada r the best n this one looks irresistible. I'm craving for it now, I'm sure I'm gonna make it again soon :)

    Thanks Kanchan for visiting my space n providing ur valuable comments which lead me to this wonderful space of urs. I'm ur happy follower now and hope to see in my friends list soon. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  11. great vada pav...had it for the first time in jan and was sold!thanks for the knowhow!
    thank you for the nice comments on my space!...love your space..joined up through the GFC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)