How to make Lassi at home

Summer Is here, and it’s here to stay. So instead of cribbing oh how hard and sweaty it is, let us prepare our self to face this clammy season. With this fresh resolution, I welcomed summer by preparing whole lot of dishes just for this spell.
IMG_0525

It all started with an ice-cream then the lemonade and now our very Indian Punjabi style – Sweet Lassi.
IMG_0524

Lassi was one of those drinks which I never knew how easy it is to prepare @home. We used to get Aarey Milk Lassi in Mumbai, which I suppose was quite hygienic and reliable, cos we had them in numbers during summers. But here in Pune, I had to rely on the Milkman – Dudhvala bhaiyya.
But then I discussed with couple of friends about “How to prepare Lassi @ home” and it seemed very easy or for that matter.
IMG_0522

Normally in India, most of us do prepare Curd at home, by just mixing 1tsp of curd with warm full fat milk and keeping it overnight. In the morning you find nice thick curd. Even I follow this procedure every alternate days.
IMG_0523

To prepare a Lassi, you need to make curd in a similar manner, just with one addition, mix 3-4 tbsp of whole fat milk cream or malai with the Milk, I used ½ litre. This makes the curd very thick and creamy and a bit sour too. Next day, blend this curd, add 8-9 tbsp of sugar and salt to taste. The blended output is lovely sweet and sour Lassi.
s

Serve it in plain glass, chill before serving to make it more creamier. If you want sprinkle pinch of chat masala and cumin powder. I prefer it without this.

It tastes perfect, I loved the outcome and would be repeating this for the coming hot weekend too :)

Comments

  1. i too prefer my lassi sweet!....nice n refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very refreshing lassi. I am thirsty let me grab the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum ..all time fav...best to beat heat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..delicious lipsmacking & refreshing one!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempting..can't do without Lassi in summers...a must have ..happy to follow ur space..

    http://varietyisthespiceofyourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanka all for lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kanchan
    Thats great, with Delhi getting hotter day by day..it is lassi time every day ! You are right, the fat in the milk makes all the differences for a good lassi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)